For many of us, one of the hardest traits to learn is patience. People, myself included, have a tendency to want things when they want them. Also, lets consider our personal relationships: it can be quite difficult and down-right exhausting, aggravating even, to show someone patience when they may be less deserving.
Wouldn’t it be great if we could learn how to wait for God’s timing (after all, His timing, as we know, is absolutely perfect), or learn how to give patience to that person in your life who’s currently driving you absolutely bonkers?
So then, how do we learn to be patient? Well, God’s word gives us many wonderful examples on the subject. To get us (myself included) started, here are ten bible verses we can all grow from.
1. 1 Thessalonians 5:14 And we urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with all men.
2. Psalm 37:7-9 Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret, it leads only to evildoing. For evildoers will be cut off, But those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land.
3. Isaiah 40:31 Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.
4. Romans 5:3 And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance.
5. James 1:19-20 This you know, my beloved brethren. But let everyone be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.
6. James 5:7-8 Be patient, therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains. You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.
7. Galatians 6:9 And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary.
8. Psalm 46:10 Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
9. Ephesians 4:1-2 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, entreat you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing forbearance to one another in love.
10. Romans 15:5 Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus.
It is my hope and prayer, dear friends, that these bible verses will be helpful and uplifting to ALL OF US.